Saturday, May 25, 2019

Every Once In a While, You Have to Learn Something New

Over the past few months, I had seen a lot of posts of other crocheters making this beautiful shawl called a Virus Shawl (I found the pattern here: https://www.woolpedia.de/english/crochet-tutorials/shawl/). 

This was the first time I learned a pattern by watching YouTube videos.  The links to the videos are on the website listed above.  I was somewhat apprehensive about learning the pattern this way.  I was fearful that I would forget how to do the pattern, but once I made it through all of the videos, it was like second nature.  Each row fell into place perfectly.  I have made 4 of these shawls so far.  All of them were made with Mandala by Lion Brand Yarn.  The first 2 photos that are below are of shawls that I made for me, the last 2 shawls are prayer shawls that I made for others.





 If you crochet, I highly recommend that you give this pattern a try.  The pattern works up quickly, so there is the satisfaction of having a quickly completed project.

No comments: