Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This was not how I wanted to start blogging more

I wanted to be blogging about my knitting. I never expected to be blogging about Sasha passing. I guess we are doing ok. Yesterday coming home from work was a little rough. She was always the first cat to greet me when I walked through the door. Yesterday, it was Misty that greeted me. I don't think she thought it felt right either.

Darrin had a little of a hard time. He came out of our bedroom (where Bandit is in seclusion) and petted the 4 cats that were waiting for him. He kept waiting for Sasha to come stomping up the stairs (how something so little could make so much noise, I will never figure out). I was in our computer room at that point and Darrin came into the room in tears and hugged me.

This morning I realized something else that she did. She would jump up on the bed and stomp across my pillow to wake me up.

The morning before she passed, I should have paid more attention. I should have noticed that she wasn't acting the same. Yes, she was sleepy, but she would usually wake up enough to play with the wrapping paper when I was wrapping something. I should have listened to the voice in my head that was telling me to stay home, but I didn't. I wish I could have done something more for our Ooo Ooos. She was so young. She shouldn't have gone this young.

The cats keep looking for her. Zeus keeps going to the step that Sasha died on and sniffing and looking for her. Misty and Angel keep sniffing the towel that we carried her to the car in. I figured I should leave the towel there for them for a while. Bandit still has to be by himself until he is done with the meds. We also have to keep an eye on him to make sure he is eating and drinking...he hasn't started really doing much of either. Although he has perked up a little. He has been getting on the bed with us instead of staying on the back of the chair and looking ot the window. He walked around the bedroom last night and tried to do one of his typical things when he has a water bowl - he tried to flood the bedroom with it by knocking it over. This morning will be his dose 4 of 15. I am not looking forward to those last few doses. By that point, he will be fighting us more.

I guess that is all for today. If you have a pet, give them and hug and tell them that you love them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel with losing a pet before it is time. Back in high school, our cat Caesar was run over by one of the angry tenants in the park...he had just gone out to pee and was not allowed to make it home. I was the only one up when someone knocked at the door to tell us....I still miss him.
Then, when I was pregnant with Ray, my cat Daisy got a really severe eye infection and the only way they could fix it was to remove here eye....a $1500 surgery that we could not afford. The only solution we had, was to put her to sleep....most agonizing decision ever...she was getting on in years, but otherwise she was healthy.
I can't imagine the loss you are feeling having lost such a young kitty who seemed to be fine.
My thoughts are with you during this rough time.

Unknown said...

Alice & Dariin..So sorry for your loss..I know how deeply it hurts to lose a pet....they are not just a pet, but a family member.Losing them does get easier over time I supose, but you never forget. Little things remind me of Libby & Grizz all the time. Brynley has been a great distraction...another dog to love...we had to fill the void in our hearts and she has done that. At least you have all the wonderful other cats to comfort you. My thoughts are with you guys!

Alice said...

Thank you both for thinking of us. It really means a lot to both of us during this time. (((HUGS)))